Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Studio notes

I've lost track of how many items I have in process now. I've been focusing on three main areas - raku, wood/salt firing, and just getting some basic white stoneware 14th century pieces done.

Sent 5 of the latter to the glaze firing last night; things are pretty backed up in there, so I'm hoping to be able to mail the two that I owe for KAOS this weekend, and get the other three up on the etsy site for sale. (Yeah! Sale!) Also wedged up 24 lbs of recycled white stoneware for more 14th century pieces. Production tonight.

Also in the pipeline:

  • three "pinecone" rakuware vases. I'm having trouble getting the neck/rim to throw properly, and so will be throwing necks to attach. Tonight. Intend to get them into the next ^08 bisque firing, on Thursday. 
  • A stack of 5 medieval plates and a tyg for the wood firing on May 1. 
  • 5 tea bowls for the same firing. 

And then there are the pieces still in the brain:

  • Four-sided "moon" vase; slab construction with thrown neck. Raku. (This means that I need more clay.)
  • Raku pedestal for glass tabletop. (15" high)
  • Stoneware yarn bowls.
  • Small things like ring holders, dipping bowls - $5 range.




No comments:

Post a Comment