Thursday, February 6, 2014

Studio notes - 2/4/14

Productive night, although I didn't get any throwing done.

  • Trimmed the tea bowls. Got 5 done; one I trimmed through but patched and three others I'm pretty sure are too thin. Drying them on their rims, because they threatened to collapse on their feet. I'm going to throw more because I'm not sure about them. Also, I think that I may have made them a bit too large, but a bisque firing will tell. 
  • Carved the lantern and found out that the walls are thicker than I wanted them to be. It's drying. 
  • Trimmed the 14th-century-shaped bowl. Also drying. 

Plan to throw more tea bowls tomorrow. Maybe get to more funnel-shaped cups. 

Also need to bring files to mod ribs into a rill-maker - kinda like the bone that this lady is using.

From a German playing card deck, 1455

No comments:

Post a Comment