Thursday, February 6, 2014

Studio notes - 1/30/14

Some success! My goal this semester is to master wheel throwing.

  • Purchased a new 25 lbs of stoneware clay from the bookstore. It's much stiffer than the recycled that's been causing so much consternation. The difference is dramatic. Much easier to throw, although it's harder to center due to the stiffness.


  • Some success due to Robin walking me through throwing. This isn't the first time; each time there's something new that sticks. This time it was pulling the clay up from the bottom of the hump. She asked me if I wanted her to do it again, and I said, "no, let me play with it."
  • Got a 14th-century-shaped bowl and a small lantern out of it. Also a funnel cup. I've decided that the lanterns need to be larger and the funnel cups need to be wider. 



No comments:

Post a Comment